Parkhotel

In 1899-1901, a guest house was built opposite the “Kursaal” building according to the plans of the Munich architect Max Littmann. The enormous, three-storey structure with a facade length of 19 axes was formed in the art nouveau tradition. The facade facing the Castle Park is structured by a raised, three-axis, projecting corner construction. High mansard roofs, window frames, balconies and other decorative building sculptures simulate baroque forms. A dining hall was added at the rear in 1906-1908, also according to Max Littmann’s plans. In 1949, Konrad Adenauer met with the “Ellwangen Circle” in this spa hotel and laid down the name “Federal Republic of Germany”. In the last few years, the hotel has been refurbished several times and is now a four-star superior hotel, while the “Vital Spa” thermal spring, which is immediately adjacent, features an exclusive health area with physiotherapy facilities on an area of 2,800 square metres.
The facade facing the Castle Park is structured by a raised, three-axis, projecting corner construction. High mansard roofs, window frames, balconies and other decorative building sculptures simulate baroque forms. A dining hall was added at the rear in 1906-1908, also according to Max Littmann’s plans. In 1949, Konrad Adenauer met with the “Ellwangen Circle” in this spa hotel and laid down the name “Federal Republic of Germany”. In the last few years, the hotel has been refurbished several times and is now a four-star superior hotel, while the “Vital Spa” thermal spring, which is immediately adjacent, features an exclusive health area with physiotherapy facilities on an area of 2,800 square metres.